Back

History

Aerial view of beach and forest

Pacific Beach was settled by hunter/trapper Henry Bodgett in 1863.

In 1906, the Quinault Inn was built on a nearby bluff overlooking the ocean.

During World War II in the 1940's the site was utilized by the US Air Force and Navy for targeting training.
Artillery on the beach would shoot at targets streamed out behind planes.

Detailed history available at the moclips.org website.

NWPlaces2c